5 Ways Hypnotherapy Can Help Entrepreneurs & Busy Business Professionals
Building a business can be a very stressful endeavor. It’s an unpredictable roller-coaster ride, where emotions and mindset need to be properly managed. It really all starts in the mind. Having your emotions in check, maintaining a clear vision and focus while allowing yourself to get up every day to execute your plan is a crucial formula for success. Roadblocks are encountered frequently and it’s all about how you choose to handle them that will separate you from obtaining a successful outcome as opposed to an unsuccessful one. A great way to help you along with this is to get regular exercise in to keep your body performing in top shape. What many people neglect is setting aside time to exercise the mind. There are many ways you can do this and this article will show inform you on why hypnotherapy is an excellent way to help you along.
Mental health is often ignored. There are a number of ways you can calm your mind and vent your thoughts. Practicing meditation and mindfulness are two popular options, but why is hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis excluded from the “mainstream” conversation? Probably because the word hypnosis itself scares many people away. Hypnosis is a natural phenomena that has been around for 100's, perhaps even over 1000 years. Rooted in mysticism and portrayed incorrectly in popular culture, it can often get a bad reputation. People see the shows where participants are on stage quacking like a duck or the mysterious hypnotist has some sort of control over the participant. This couldn’t be farther from the truth. It’s amazing how if you improperly “market” or portray things, they will often get swept under the rug or pushed aside. In fact, hypnosis is very natural, safe and effective way of accessing your subconscious. All hypnosis is voluntary self-hypnosis. No one can control you or make you do anything against your own will. Simply put, it’s a communication process. It allows you to set aside some “me time”, to concentrate your focus on a particular task, and communicate a conscious desire to the unconscious part of your mind. By practicing self-hypnosis for as little as 15 minutes a day can have a profound impact on the quality of your life. Furthermore, the scientific literature is producing some quality science to back up a lot of the claims this particular therapeutic modality has to offer. Here are a few ways in which hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis can help you in your day to day tasks.
1. It Can Help You Manage Your Daily Stress Better Stress is a normal part of everybody’s day to day life. What separates a positive response from a negative one is how we choose to respond to daily stressors. Life happens, s&%# happens, how do you choose to respond? Hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis can give you the time and tools to help you evaluate your current state. How have you responded in the past? What outcomes have been produced based on these past responses? What would you like to change? How can you choose to respond more effectively? Taking time to evaluate current behavior and visualizing how you would like to change them in future is an effective way to help plant the initial seeds of change. Research conducted out of Baylor University support the use of hypnosis to relieve stress. Many of my clients say that they feel more relaxed and at ease after their sessions, and let me know that they enjoy regularly practicing self-hypnosis at home. They feel calm, relaxed and collected after they listen to their recordings.
2. It Can Help You Overcome Limiting Beliefs & Self-Sabotaging Behavior Many people encounter mental “blocks” or the feeling of being “stuck” in a particular situation. This is very common and can hold you back in certain situations. You may even be self-defeating yourself without even realizing it. There are many reasons why we feel this way and hypnotherapy can help you overcome your blocks or feelings of being stuck. The majority of our coping mechanisms are developed and imprinted on us early on in life. We unconsciously use these memories as ways to automatically deal with similar situations in our day to day. Sometimes it can work against you. The good news is that you can change. Using certain techniques while working with a therapist can help you overcome, move past, or view those memories in a different way. By bringing in new resources and relearning how to deal with these particular situations. It is very helpful and empowering.
3. It Can Help You Clear Your Mind & Sleep Better If you’ve ever laid awake at night with your mind racing with different thoughts, hypnosis can help you focus and divert your attention elsewhere. It’s a great exercise you can use to allow yourself to naturally drift off into a deep state of rest. You can have a personalized recording made while working with a therapist for a few sessions or purchase a generic recording from a reputable source. A research article published in 2014 reported that people can achieve a deeper state of sleep after using hypnotic suggestion. They also observed that one group that participated in the study was able to increase their “deep sleep” time by up to 80%. If you are currently having difficulties with getting a good night’s rest, hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis can be a great option to help you along.
4. It Can Help You With Goal Setting & Visualizing How To Execute Setting goals and planning out your ventures future is critical for growth and success of your enterprise. Planning is an important step, but proper and consistent execution of your plan is absolutely crucial. Good intentions can only take you so far. Grinding it out daily and putting in the hard work can get overwhelming sometimes. Taking time to visualize your goals and objective by future pacing while in hypnosis can be invaluable. It gives you time to evaluate and focus in on all the steps you need to do and take in order to make your goals an eventual reality. Many high performance athletes use this technique in order for them to visualize how they would like to perform on competition day. Mindset is everything and hypnosis can help you along to create and maintain a healthy mindset needed to succeed.
5. It Can Help You Form & Maintain Better Daily Habits Bad habits are really easy to slip into and can be very hard to break. Hypnosis is a great tool that you can use to help you break bad habits and replace them with more desirable ones. Think of it as planting the initial seeds needed for change. It isn’t magic, but with some work and persistence if you carefully water those seeds they will eventually grow into the habits that will make your life and business better and more profitable.
Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy & Self-Hypnosis are very empowering and offer you invaluable tools to help you along in your daily life. As entrepreneurs and business professionals are constantly looking to grow and improve, these tools can be a great value add to your daily routine.
If you have any questions, interested in trying out a session, or getting a personalized self-hypnosis recording made, please reach out and feel free to send me an e-mail.
Written By: Sebastian Di Cesare PhD, RHt - a research scientist & practicing Registered Hypnotherapist based in Vancouver, Canada.